Sunday, March 23, 2008

Random thoughts from Nashville....

Happy Easter!

I'm a bit bummed that we aren't getting to spend it with my parents, sister, Allison & Emily. I was looking forward to decorating Easter eggs and then hunting them (yes, I'm a child in a 37-year-old body...). But alas, the folks up north haven't been feeling up to par, and I'm not ready to get sick again, so we decided to phone our appearances in each day...

Thankfulness..
I know Easter is a solemn occasion for many, but this year I feel so much like doing a grateful dance that I find it hard to contain myself. I have a wonderful husband who does a fantastic job of taking care of me (even when I don't actually cooperate), a close and loving family who checks on us frequently just to say "HI! how was your day today?", great friends who love me in spite of my failings, and of course, I have a Riley Dog who shows everlasting love no matter what the occasion. This year isn't that far along, and we're having a banner year. Brett has a job at a great company that is filled with friendly, welcoming people who have made our transition here much easier. We're going to have a munchkin--which is definitely an unexpected but exciting adventure... And we're finally going to have a house. Apartment life isn't bad, but we just have really missed stretching out and getting comfortable. I get to work some--maybe not quite as much as I'd like, but considering the economy, I can't complain. I honestly am not sure that life can get much better for us. So thank you for being a part of our wonderful life.

On a lighter train of thought...
We've been watching a lot of NCAA since Thursday, and I have an observation. I am finally over the age of the commercial demographic for most commercials. I look at Brett and frequently say "was that actually supposed to be funny?" or "okay, I guess I missed the meaning of that one all together..." I can't decide if I'm getting old or just have absolutely no sense of humor. I always thought of myself as somewhat witty, but maybe not!

Basketball thoughts... I didn't fill out the bracket this year, but if I had I would have already had several bracket busters. I would have picked both Nashville teams--Belmont and Vanderbilt--neither of which won. That said, Belmont should have won, and I was happy to root for WVA in the game against Duke. Of course, there's still TN and Memphis (that's Brett's favorite to root for it appears). I guess I'll root for TN and the rest of the Big 12 (minus Kansas of course Natalie... I don't want war in the family.) Anyway... it's been a fun weekend of entertainment!

Paint colors... Who knew there were so many colors of paint in the world... It always looks so easy on DIY and HGTV. :) Wish us luck as we start THAT adventure. :)

I guess that's about it for now. It's time for the TN vs. Butler game. Gotta go practice wearing Orange and singing the Rockytop song...

Happy Easter All!

No comments: